No product in cart
UltraCare Penetrating Stone, Tile & Grout Sealer
- Add your review
DESCRIPTION UltraCare Penetrating Stone, Tile & Grout Sealer is an economical, natural – look, water based penetrating sealer that protects against most common stains for all interior and exterior natural stone (marble, limestone, sandstone, slate, granite, travertine, etc), unglazed ceramic tile, masonry and cement grout. The product contains no silicones and can be used as […]
UltraCare Penetrating Stone, Tile & Grout Sealer is an economical, natural – look, water based penetrating sealer that protects against most common stains for all interior and exterior natural stone (marble, limestone, sandstone, slate, granite, travertine, etc), unglazed ceramic tile, masonry and cement grout. The product contains no silicones and can be used as a pre-grouting sealer.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Water based penetrating sealer
- Protections against most common stains
- Wont change surface appearance
- Easy to use
- Does not alter the slip resistance of the surface
- For interior and exterior applications
INDUSTRY STANDARDS AND APPROVALS
- Meets all EPA and SCAQMD standards for VOCs
WHERE TO USE
- Natual stone such as marble, granite, limestone, slate, saltillo and travertine
- Unglazed ceramic tile, masonry surfaces, cement pavers, quarry tiles, concrete and bricks
- Cementitious grout
- Ensure that product does not come in contact with any non recommended surface.
- Do not dilute.
Contact MAPEI's Technical Services Department for application recommendations regarding substrates and conditions not listed.
- Surface must be dry and free of contaminants, including previously applied surface sealers, dirt, lime and hard water deposits, rust, and other heavy soil and grime.
- Allow new grout installations to cure for at least 48 hours before application.
- Surface and selaer temperatures should be between 50 degree F and 80 degree F (10 degree C and 26 degree C).
- Ensure that the area is well-ventilated during application and until the surface is dry.
Note: Choose all appropriate safety equipment before use. Refer to safety data sheet for more information.
Always test first in several inconspicuous areas and wait 12 hours to confirm desired results.
- Shakes container well before using.
- Avoid skin and eye contact by wearing chemical-resistant gloves and saftey glasses.
|Shelf life and Application Properties|
|Shelf life||Up to 1 year when stored in the original sealed container.|
|VOCs||< 1 g per L|
|U.S 00132000||Bottle: 1U.S qt. (946ml)|
|U.S 00153000||Jug: 1 U.S gal (3,79 L)|
|Canada 00132021||Bottle: 1 U.S. qt (946 mL)|
|Canada 00153021||Jug: 1 U.S. gal (3,79 L)|
|1 U.S. qt (946mL)||50 to 350 sq ft (4,65 to 32,5m2)|
|1 U.S gal. (3,79 L)||200 TO 1,400 sq ft. (18,6 to 130m2)|
* Coverage will vary depending on joint size, tile size, porosity, texture, surface absorption and the amount of dirt to be cleaned.
3. Begin with a clean, dry surface that is free of waxes and coatings.
4. Protect baseboards and tape off surfaces not intended to be sealed.
5. Working in a small manageable area of about 15 sq. ft. (1,39 m2), liberally apply an even coat using a paint pad, sponge, brush or roller.
6. Allow 5 to 10 minutes for sealer to soak into surface.
7. Remove any non-absorbed sealer from the tile and grout by buffing until dry with a clean towel. If a light residue appears, simply remove using a towel dampened with warm water.
8. Very porous surfaces may require a second coat for maximum stain resistance. This coat should be applied 1 hour after the initial application. Repeat steps 5 through 7.
9. After the final coat is applied, do not use or walk on surface for at least 3 hours. For best results and stain protection, ensure that the area is kept dry for 12 hours and free from staining materials for 3 days. Drying time may be affected by environmental conditions.
Close container tightly after each use. Store in original container only. Store between temperatures of 40 degree F to 90 degree F (4 degree C to 32 degree C). Do not allow to freeze.
ROUTINE CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Sweep, dust, mop or vacuum often to remove sand grit and debris. Clean floors using UltraCare Concentrated Tile & Grout Cleaner. Clean countertops using UltraCare Everyday Stone & Grout Cleaner & Resealer. For additional maintenance instructions, please refer to the UltraCare Maintenance Guide.
Sealed surfaces should be tested periodically. To test, apply a few drops of water on the surface. If the water soaks in, an additional coat of UltraCare Penetrating Stone, Tile & Grout Sealer will be necessary to keep the sealer at its maximum level of performance.
DURATION OF PROTECTION
UltraCare Penetrating Stone, Tile & Grout Selaer is expected to protect against common stains for up to 5 years. This period will vary depending on hardness and texture of surface, location of area, surface wear, and the frequency and nature of maintenance products used. Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and hig-alkaline, acidic or solvent -based cleaners will affect wear.
Do not swallow. Do not get in eyes. Do not get on skin or clothing. Do not breathe vapors or fumes from this material. Handle with care. Keep out of the reach of childre. Wear suitable gloves, eye/face protection, and respiratory protection. Use only in a well ventilated area. Store in a cool, dry, well – ventilated area. Never pour unused product back into the original container. Always dispose of properly and in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines.
FIRST AID TREATMENT – EYES: If in eyes, rise with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, get medical attention. SKIN: If on skin, rinse well with water. If on clothes, remove clothes. If irritation persists, get medical attention. INHALATION: If inhaled, move person to fresh air. If symptoms persist, get medical attention. INGESTION: Flush out mouth with water. If swallowed, call a poison control center or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Refer to the SDS for specific data related to VOCs, health and safety, and handling of product.
You must be logged in to post a review.
There are no reviews yet.